Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Winter's Bone up for a ton of Independent Spirit Awards

It should come as no surprise to those who have seen the film, but Debra Granik's film Winter's Bone is up for numerous Independent Spirit Awards.  Nominee's include:

Best Film
Best Actress for Jennifer Lawrence
Best Cinematography for Michael McDonough
Best Director for Granik
Best Screenplay for Granik and Anne Rosellini
Best Supporting actor for John Hawkes
Best Supporting actress for Dale Dickey

Another reason to see the film is the excellent music by Dickon Hinchliffe. Hopefully this award season will see a few wins and especially an Oscar nomination or two. The Academy Awards don't mean a whole lot to me, but the extra exposure they bring would be nice for this gem of a film.  My brief review can be found here.

Winter's Bone is based on the novel written by Daniel Woodrell..  I read the first ten pages last night, and it's oh so good.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up. Looks good.I'll be sure to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fantastic Jodi. I might not have grown up in the mountains of Missouri, but I know that small town mindset all too well.

    ReplyDelete