Sunday, January 3, 2010

Cover of the Week



"You can't judge a book by it's cover."

I call bullshit.

I've got thousands of books on my shelves, and 9 times out of 10, if the cover is a piece of crap, the book sucks. Any book worth publishing is worth a good cover. And crime fiction, especially the old pulps, get the best damn covers.

No lie.

It's the main reason I started picking up the Hard Case Crime series of books. Sure, the authors were nothing to turn your nose up at, but one look at a handful of covers and I was sold.

"A picture tells a thousand words."

I'm not going to argue with that one. Look at the above image and tell me you're not the least bit intrigued about what the hell is going on.

In honor of the Sunday Funnies, something I always loved as a child, Sunday will be Cover of the Week day. I'll draw mostly from the old pulps, but there are a few modern covers that need to be showcased as well.

Enough chit chat. Enjoy the cover.

And fear that cat!




No comments:

Post a Comment