Friday Night at the Movies Week 40 - The Big Bounce vs. The Big Bounce
Nine things I learned while watching this version of The Big Bounce (2004). Why nine instead of the normal ten? Because if the filmmakers involved in this can't be bothered to give a damn about the finished product, why should I?
1. Morgan Freeman is good in anything. His earring is not.
2. Owen Wilson, despite his laid back charm, makes a terrible criminal.
3. Charlie Sheen looks stupid with a mustache.
4. Sara Foster should never be in another movie. Ever. Next time a film needs a skinny blond scam artist just get Bridgett Fonda.
5. It is somehow possible to sodomize Elmore Leonard's dialogue.
6. Why have talent such as Bebe Neuwirth and Gary Sinese only to barely use them, and not use them properly?
7. This might be the only time I describe a film as "awkward" that wasn't made as a school project.
8. It is a terrible film.
9. After watching it, I'm not sure if I can bring myself to watch the earlier version.
Someone out there help me out. Is it worth it, or will it just be time I wish I could get back?
I'm only adding this because I've been asked a few times, but yeah, I always accept review/preview copies. Who turns down free stuff? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for my mailing address. And thanks.
Dan Fleming is the writer/co-creator of Warrior Twenty-Seven, the independant comics anthology. He's been known to bury his nose in books since the earliest of ages, and has been busy writing a crime novel for a few moons. His comic work can be viewed at www.warrior27.thecomicseries.com. He is also one half of the podcasting duo, The Potato League Podcast, which can be found on Podbean. He can be contacted at either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org