Saturday, February 20, 2010

To the Mattresses Week 7- Bald Face Liar

J. Kingston Pierce, editor of The Rap Sheet, has challenged me to participate in the latest meme wending its way around the crime-fiction blogosphere.  This Bald-Faced Liar (aka “Creative Writer”) Award meme was kicked off last month by Arizona library manager and book critic Lesa Holstine. Since then, an assortment of clever and crafty bloggers have participated, including Evan Lewis, Keith Raffel, Laurie Powers, Bill Crider, the pseudonymous le0part13, Randy Johnson, Paul D. Brazill, and Loren Eaton.








The rules are pretty simple:

• Thank the person who gave this to you. (Thank you Jeff)
• Copy the logo and place it on your blog. (Done)
• Link to the person who nominated you. (And Done)
• Tell up to six outrageous lies about yourself, and at least one outrageous truth - or - switch it around and tell six outrageous truths and one outrageous lie. (I will let you decide what I have done)
• Nominate seven “Creative Writers” who might have fun coming up with outrageous lies of their own.
• Post links to the seven blogs you nominate.
• Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know that you have nominated them.

1. I got a drink of water for Harlen Ellison, only to have him call me a pussy.
2. I once got a sinus infection from the glitter on a strippers chest.
3. I have fallen asleep in an alleyway in Boston and woken up in my dorm the next morning with money, but without socks.
4. Two ex-girlfriends have held guns on me with intent to do me harm.
5. I drank Henry Rollins' water and gained his strength and the ability to not need shoes.
6. I helped start the mudfight at the Green Day show at Woodstock 94.
7. Debated the merits of The Dead Hate the Living with Stephen King.


Chris Beckett - Warrior Twenty-Seven
Duane Swierczynski - Secret Dead Blog
Jimmy Palmiotti - Listen to Jimmy
Alex Irvine
Allen Appell - The Thriller Guy
Jason Starr
Joe Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment