Thursday, March 3, 2011

Crime of the Century

Is there a greater crime of the 1800's than the assassination of Abraham Lincoln?

All history class ever taught me about the assassination was John Wilkes Booth shot and killed the president during a performance at Ford's Theater in Washington DC.  He fired a bullet into Abe's head, shouted "Sic semper tyrannis" and took off.  Even when I got a tour of Ford's theater, all that was mentioned was Lincoln and Booth.  But there had to be more, right?  Someone else had to be involved, and as long as Oliver Stone isn't the one telling the tale, I'm interested.

Keep in mind I have yet to read James L. Swanson's numerous books on the subject, something I should certainly rectify,  but this movie certainly piques my interest until then.

Directed by Robert Redford, written by James D Soloman, and starring James McAvoy, Alexis Bledel, Kevin Kline, Tom Wilkinson, Danny Huston, Colm Meaney, and Robin Wright.  This film has Oscar bait written all over it.

1 comment:

  1. I know I've mentioned this before, but have you read Devil in the White City yet? You really should, especially because it would totally play into the back story of Red Summer.
    -Matt

    ReplyDelete