Monday, April 18, 2011

Blu-Ray MIA

When I got my Blu-ray player a few months ago the first thing I did was to look over my sprawling, nearly unmanageable, DVD collection and promise myself one simple thing; no more.  If I already own it, I'm not buying it again.  If you are anything like me, you know what happened next.

I was able to hold off for maybe two weeks before I "needed" Gone Baby Gone on BR.  It was used and only $10.  That's not too bad, right?  My ability to rationalize myself out of any situation astounds even me.  Now half my collection of higher end discs consists of 50% of films I already owned on DVD and VHS.  If I could I'd own a reel of Taxi Driver just to have it on one addtional format.

I'm sure this must be a diagnosed sickness.

So all this got me looking at my collection, wondering what films I'd buy again should they come out.  I was actually surprised by the amount of great movies not available yet.  So here is a cursory glance at my collection and the films that the moment they hit the shelves will be mine...again.

1. Chinatown
2. Streets of Fire
2. Serpico
4. The Conversation
5. The Game
6. City of God
7. Out of the Past- could mention numerous film noirs but why is this not available!
8. Kill Bill-The Whole Bloody Affair
9. Raising Arizona/Miller's Crossing/Blood Simple/Man Who Wasn't There
10. Bringing Out the Dead/Mean Streets/King of Comedy
11. The Boxer
12. The Talented Mr. Ripley
13. The Grifters
14. Get Carter
15. Point Blank

Feel free to add your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment